About Local Foundation
In 1960, the Rotary Club of Green Bay established a charitable foundation under the direction of Karl M. Feldhausen, a past club president. A separate Board of Directors administers the assets of this important Foundation. All Foundation board directors are club members. They are elected to the Foundation board by the members of the Rotary Club of Green Bay.
Our local foundation typically provides $35,000 annually to local organizations and scholarship applicants. Our club members also support the Rotary International Foundation and its international initiatives.
- Ian Griffiths, President
- Steve Harty, Vice-President
- Jason Wilke, Treasurer
- Mary Denissen, Secretary
- Mary Kay Orr, Current Club President
- Jim Kalny, Immediate Past Club President
- Miranda Bonde, Club President Elect
- Judy Nagel
- Julia Wallace
The Rotary Club of Green Bay is keenly aware of its civic responsibilities to build goodwill and friendship within the community. Fund recipients and amounts given are determined by the board of directors of the Rotary Foundation of Green Bay, Inc. The board of directors acts within the guidelines of the Foundation’s charter, as well as the guidelines set forth here.
The mission of the Rotary Foundation of Green Bay is to be a catalyst for proactive change for youth, education and health initiatives in Brown County by providing grants, awards and scholarships for sustainable, impactful and collaborative projects that support these initiatives.
1) All requests for charitable contributions received by Club members or committees should be forwarded to the Foundation president.
2)Requests received less than seven business days prior to a scheduled meeting will not be acted upon until the next scheduled meeting. The Foundation board of directors meets once each calendar quarter, or upon call by the President of the Foundation’s board of directors. Scheduled meeting dates are:
- 8-16-16 Grant Meeting
- 9-20-16 Business meeting
- 12-6-16 Business & Grant Meeting
- 2-21-17 Grant meeting
- 3-21-17 Business meeting
- 5-23-17 Grant Meeting
- 6-20-17 Business
3) The Rotary Foundation of Green Bay will receive funds mainly from Rotary Club of Green Bay members, funds provided by the Club’s board of directors and earnings from the Foundation’s assets. Funds from other sources are accepted.
4) Contributions will be for charitable and educational purposes including, but not limited to:
a) Promoting and aiding education;
b) Youth and health issues;
c) Providing scholarships, awards, and grants for educational and charitable purposes.
5) The Foundation’s board of directors will determine annually at the first meeting of the fiscal year the approximate amount of money to be distributed that year. That amount will not exceed 10% of the Foundation’s fund balance as of June 30 of that year. Foundation funds residing in the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation are not considered for allocation purposes. Funds allocated but not distributed in one fiscal year can be carried over to the next fiscal year.
6) The Foundation board of directors, to the best of its ability, will keep all Foundation assets invested within the parameters and asset allocations established. All asset allocations and investment vehicles, as well as the investment firm, will be reviewed annually.
7) The number of contribution recipients will be limited to ensure funding is available for those projects which will do the most for the community and receive the greatest recognition. Contributions to selected, specific causes may be emphasized each year, as determined by the Foundation Board.
8) The Foundation’s board of directors can reject any and all unsigned and/or mass mailing contribution requests.
For funding consideration, please click here and fully complete and submit the application form.
Please submit a signed formal letter on your organization’s stationary to the mailing address below, or submit as an attachment to the email address below. Please submit all information requested below or as requested on the application form.
- Summary of your organization’ mission
- Specific dollar amount requested
- Description of program/service. Indicate if new, or an expansion of existing project
- How funding will be used to further develop your organization
- How outcomes/results will be measured
- From what other sources is the organization receiving funding.
- From where does your annual unrestricted net revenue come
- With what other organizations do you collaborate to achieve your mission
- Please review our foundation’s mission statement above and indicate how your organization will fulfil our expectations.
Rotary Foundation of Green Bay, Inc.
Attention: Ian Griffiths
P.O. Box 5
Green Bay, WI 54305-0005